I'm back! This morning I'm a little disappointed I didn't get up at like 3 or 4 and do the last few hours, because I totally could have. I woke up right at the end to congratulate everyone on Twitter and wasn't really tired! Oh well, I know for next time.
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
16-17. That's when I started to feel the exhaustion in my body!
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Anything short and quick. one of my TBR choices was a Choose Your Own Adventure, which is super short and super fun! (Too bad I didn't get to it...)
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
We definitely need more cheerleaders, especially for blogs. Being a cheerleader myself, I understand why we were short! However, I think I would have been more motivated to push on the full 24 hours if more came to cheer for me.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
I liked some of the new mini-challenges. While I love some of the classic ones, if was fun to mix it up with some different ones!
5. How many books did you read?
2 books, and a couple chapters of a third.
6. What were the names of the books you read?
Spiritually Strong: The Ultimate 6-Week Guide to Building Your Body and Soul by Kristin Feola, You're Loved No Matter What by Holley Gerth, and part of Worry Less So You Can Live More by Jane Rubietta.
7. Which book did you enjoy most?
You're Loved No Matter What. Holley Gerth is one of my favorite authors!
8. Which did you enjoy least?
Worry Less So You Can Live More, but I think that's only because I was hitting a wall. I enjoyed the beginning of it back when I started it.
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
Yes! SIGN UP! Seriously, it's sooooo rewarding! And honestly, you can cheer and read the whole time and still get reading done. Or you can cheer during specific hours, and read during others. It's super easy! But seriously, so needed.
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I will definitely next year! However, October's readathon is the weekend before my wedding, so I may be busy during the first half of it. I'll be pushing through the last half though! I will be cheering again next time, and I'm considering hosting a mini-challenge as well! We shall see!
If you followed along through-out the readathon, thank you! I would love to know if anyone has decided to become a new follower; I want to check out your blog as well! I love meeting new friends, and I appreciate the support as I get ready to re-launch my blog! (The re-launch video will be posting later this afternoon.) Thanks again!