This week, starting today, is Armchair BEA week! I am a little behind in posting this, but today's post will combine my introduction post and the day one post, as well as touch on what activities I will be participating in this week. Here we go!
- Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?
- Where in the world are you blogging from? Tell a random fact or something special about your current location. Feel free to share pictures.
- Have you previously participated in Armchair BEA? What brought you back for another year? If you have not previously participated, what drew you to the event?
- What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2013?
- Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.
- Name your favorite blog(s) and explain why they are your favorite(s).
- Which is your favorite post that you have written that you want everyone to read?
- If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why?
- What literary location would you most like to visit? Why?
- What is your favorite part about the book blogging community?
- Is there anything that you would like to see change in the coming years?
- My name is Ariel, and I'm currently 22 years old. I am going to Chemeketa Community College studying Computer Information Systems, with my goal to get a Master's in Library Science. I have been blogging for quite a few years now, but I've only had this blog for about three years. I love writing, so I started my personal blog as a means to get my feelings out in a healthy way. As I started reading other blogs I discovered book blogs, and started that in my personal blog. However, as I did more and more reviews, it just made sense to split the two blogs, and so this blog was born!
- I live in a small town in Oregon, called Dallas. No, I do NOT mean The Dalles. There is a difference! For a random fact, we just got a Taco Bell in our town about a year ago now, which was a huge deal! We only have about 14,000 people, which is a little less than the Taco Bell franchise likes to have in a city, but so many people have wanted a Taco Bell for years that it was a success! I won't share a photo today, but I will for the Instragram photo challenge, which I'll mention below!
- Yes! I believe this is my third year. I love Armchair BEA because while it kind of stinks I can't go the to actual BEA and BBC event, I can save money and still enjoy some of the fun!
- I'm reading a couple of books right now, but the one I'm trying to finish up is called Pastor's Wives. I'll have the review up sometime soon!
- Let's see... well, I'm left-handed! It's actually kind of frustrating because both my brother and I are left-handed, but no one else in our family is so we have to plan who sits where at the dinner table so we aren't bumping elbows!
- A couple of my favorites are well-known blogs. I love Pure Imagination, and Lori is such a sweetheart! I also love The Story Siren, and Kristi was one of the bloggers that inspired we to start book blogging. Finally, I love Emily's Reading Room! She often posts books I tend to enjoy myself.
- Definitely my review of The Annihilation of Foreverland. I know my review sounds pathetic, but I only give a book five stars if it blew me away, and this book did!
- Maugin from The Edge Chronicles series. I was would ask her why she never told twig she loved him!!! Yes, I am a little angry about that. :)
- Does Paris count? I know it's in so many books... but I just want to visit so badly!
- I love that people will help others even if they barely know who they are! And I love that my followers won't abandon me even if I don't post for two months ;)
- I'm going to focus this more on myself... I plan to get better about posting on here. I know I say that so often... but I really do miss it!
For today's book category, we're focusing on classics. I shamefully admit I haven't read many classic novels! However, one of my favorite novels is one I consider a classic, Through the Looking Glass! Honestly, I've only read Alice's Adventure in Wonderland one, and it was okay. Although with the new spin-off show coming out, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, I'll have to re-read it soon! However, Through the Looking Glass has always been a book I love every single time I read it. I don't even really know why I love it so much. I think I just enjoy the complete randomness of it, and I love the small poems scattered through-out it! If you love classics and have not read it, I definitely recommend considering it!
What other classic are out there? Are there any you would recommend to me? Let me know below!
One final thing for today's post! This year Armchair BEA is participating in an Instragram challenge! I am obsessed with Instagram, so naturally I will be participating. My handle is angelvelvet, so follow me if you like! Although let me know that you're participating through Armchair BEA, and link your blog as well so I can find you!
Enjoy the week! :)