So... I'm supposed to be participating in Dewey's readathon today. I started at 5AM my time, but I ended up sleeping in until 11AM since I got no sleep the night before. I am hoping to get some reading in, but it won't be a lot. I have choir practice later this evening, and then I need to be in bed by at least midnight so I can get up for church tomorrow. I'll post updates as I get stuff read :)
1)Where are you reading from today? My dorm room in Oregon :)
2)Three random facts about me… I'm left-handed, I have a love for contemporary books, and I am a tech geek :P
3)How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours? Right now... one. Haha. I don't think I'll have the time to finish more than that. The sad life of a college student...
4)Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books,
number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)? My only goal is to finish my current read. If I finish that, I will be amazed!
5)If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time? This is my second year, and I can tell you that if you plan to do it amidst school, get most of your homework done first :P
1. What are you reading right now? STILL reading God Makes Lemonade :P
2. How many books have you read so far? 0.... #fail
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Assuming I finish my current one, I'm going to read Forever by Judy Blume next. I'm excited!
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? I attempted to... but did not succeed :/
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Yes... roommates and homework. I got most of my homework done, and will finish the rest tomorrow. My roommates are leaving tonihgt so I'll have some time alone :)
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? How much people are able to read! It's insane.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? For me personally, I will barricade myself on my bunk bed and ban my roommates from bugging me :P
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? As stated above, I am going to try and put all my focus into reading.
9. Are you getting tired yet? Not really.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something
you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Food helps keep you going :)
1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Um... all of them??? Haha.
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I don't know any in particular. Just any that are in that reader's favorite genres.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? For myself, I definitely need to plan a few days in advance to be prepared.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The cheerleaders!
5. How many books did you read? None :/
6. What were the names of the books you read? I only read one or two chapters from God Makes Lemonade.
7. Which book did you enjoy most? See above.
8. Which did you enjoy least? None.
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? N/A
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I will be participating next year! I might even be a host, we'll see :)