Monday, June 20, 2011

Review - All the Things You Are


This is the synopsis from Amazon:

Carly Wheeler lives a charmed life. Her motheris a stylist for the soap opera Lovelock Falls, she lives in a nice house, and goes to an excellent private school. But when her mom is arrested and charged with embezzlement, everything starts to unravel. There are shocking stories about her mother's crimes in the local newspaper. Carly's friends start avoiding her. And her stepfather starts worrying about money. How can Carly put her life back together when it feels like she's missing all the pieces?

My review: 4 stars

Plot: I had a hard time getting into this book at first. It started slow and wasn't very interesting, but luckily it picks up soon after and ends well.

Characters: I was really annoyed with Carly's best friend Annie. She was selfish and a miserable person, and I didn't think Carly deserved her as a friend. I did appreciate how their friendship ended up, however.

Setting: I liked that part of the book was both on the set of the show, and in the court room. It helps the reader visualize where the characters are at.

Overall: I liked this book once it caught my attention. It had a good moral to it and an ending that wasn't bad. I do feel however that the ending was cut a tad short.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering if this book was any good or not, it's nice to see an honest and refreshing review for it. I'm still going to check it out, at some point though. :)

    Suz @ A Soul Unsung
    Don't Miss Out On My Current Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every comment on my blog and respond personally to each one. Feel free to share your blog link as well so I can comment and follow back! Have a great week!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs images from the Wonder Emporium kit by MK-Designs