Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Review - The Lipstick Laws


This is the synopsis from Amazon:


At Penford High School, Britney Taylor is the queen bee. She dates whomever she likes, rules over her inner circle of friends like Genghis Khan, and can ruin anyone's life with a snap of perfectly manicured fingers. Just ask the unfortunate few who have crossed her.
For April Bowers, Britney is also the answer to her prayers. April is so unpopular, kids don't even know she exists. But one lunch spent at Britney's table, and April is basking in the glow of popularity.
But Britney's friendship comes with a high price tag. How much is April willing to pay?


My review: 3 stars

Plot: This book didn't really stand out to me as a unique plot. I've read a few different books with the same idea: new girl gets adopted by the bullying, popular girl and is forced to change to fit in. I did think the little twists added in were good however.

Characters: Some of the characters were really funny! One guy she is forced to date is annoying and attached but his actions make you want to laugh from sympathy towards her.

Setting: I didn't feel like the setting really impacted the book in any way.

Overall: I liked this book but it isn't necessarily one I would go out of my way to recommend to others. Pick it up if you have time for a fun read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every comment on my blog and respond personally to each one. Feel free to share your blog link as well so I can comment and follow back! Have a great week!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs images from the Wonder Emporium kit by MK-Designs