Thursday, February 17, 2011

Review - Don't Die, Dragonfly


This is the synopsis from Amazon:

After getting kicked out of school and sent to live with her grandmother, Sabine Rose is determined to become a "normal" teenage girl. She hides her psychic powers from everyone, even from her grandmother Nona, who also has "the gift." Having a job at the school newspaper and friends like Penny-Love, a popular cheerleader, have helped Sabine fit in at her new school. She has even managed to catch the eye of the adorable Josh DeMarco. Yet, Sabine can't seem to get the bossy voice of Opal, her spirit guide, out of her head . . . or the disturbing images of a girl with a dragonfly tattoo. Suspected of a crime she didn't commit, Sabine must find the strength to defend herself and, later, save a friend from certain danger.

My review: 4 stars

Plot: This book bored me at first, unfortunately. However once I dug into it, I couldn't stop reading! The plot twists and turns all the way until the abrupt ending which leaves you dying for the next book.

Characters: Sabine is a good main character, who has both virtues and flaws alike. She has strong friends as well, and learns to connect with them to help her with her troubles.

Setting: Her house is sporadic, like herself, which adds to her unique ability. Also the school is a strong setting for the crime she investigates.

Overall: I would definitely read this book if you get the chance! I am hoping to get my hands on the next one asap :)

7 comments:

  1. Happy FF! Old follower hopping by! Drop by and say hi if you get a chance Have a great weekend!
    Kristin@ My Bookish Ways

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm planning to read this one, too, so I'm glad you liked it! Old follower here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one's on my TBR, I just haven't gotten around to it. Loved your review, though!

    New follower. :) Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    Missy
    Missy's Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm your newest follower via FF. This book sounds intriguing and I'll have to look into it more. Whenever you get a chance, feel free to visit me.

    http://wowfromthescarfprincess.blogspot.com/2011/02/follow-friday_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a great read- I'll have to check it out soon!


    My answer for FF- Does Across the Universe count as sci-fi? I mostly stick with paranormal, fantasy and contemporary.
    I’m hopping by from Follow Friday I’m following you and would love if you follow me too!
    My Follow Friday post
    Enter my Challenge and win Prizes for Reviewing Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure I'll check this one out. I don't like slow starter. I'm your newest follower.
    bethfred.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, new follower, love the design, especially the background: I have to get back to see the content more. Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust
    email: steph@fangswandsandfairydust.com
    twitter: @fangswandsfairy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every comment on my blog and respond personally to each one. Feel free to share your blog link as well so I can comment and follow back! Have a great week!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs images from the Wonder Emporium kit by MK-Designs